Sunday, February 15, 2009

Metaphor of Me as a Teacher

I hope I could be a teacher who makes students learn something after their lesson with me. So, if I am to give myself a methapor, I think i would choose 'MAGNIFYING GLASS'. Knowledge is wide and broad, and I hope students could explore a wider range of knowledge through my teaching, not to limit their imagination in a small circle. From our lecturer Dr. Edwin, I have learnt different perspectives of interpreting literatary works. Hence, I hope I can do the same as he does, making my students realize that things can mean beyond than they seemed to be. Direct decoding of the message makes literature dull and meaningless, but allowing various interpretations would give us space to develop our creativity and broaden our mindset. That's just like a magnifying glass, broadening the facts into a wider range. I hope my students would learn a better way to learn instead of achieving knowledge from me. After spending the semesters here in UPM, what I learn the most is, we are taught how to learn in a more effective way. So, hopefully my students can learn to be versatile readers through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment