Sunday, February 15, 2009

What's New in 'The Mahabharata'

In previous lesson, Dr. Edwin discussed with us the differences between Love and Sacrifice. We were asked to define both terms and differentiate them. I did not say my opinion by the time and now I would like to give my opinion on these two terms. Love, for me, should be without condition. You cannot explain love because it is a feeling that rises from the bottom of your heart. It makes your care and do everything, which you think is good, for the person that you love. Meanwhile, sacrifice is the act that you do after consideration. You will evaluate the importance of the outcome which you hope to achieve, before giving in the things that means a lot to you. By saying sacrifice, you give up the things that is important to you in return for another person to get what is important to them. Although this is quite different from what Dr. Edwin had told us, I think love and sacrifice sometimes could be similar. They both make you to contribute something for the another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment