Friday, February 27, 2009

Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom

After reading Nelson Mandela's writing on his life being imprisoned, I really want to send my respect and salute to him. What strength and determination that can drive him to go through all these sufferings??I used to think that human beings are selfish in some ways and love themselves the most. However, his actions and thoughts really make me ashamed of my thought. He is willing to leave his home and family to fight for the sake of his people. Being a clever and opiniated person like him, he deserves a lot luxurious and wonderful things in life. Yet, he gives it up. I was wondering, is there any moment in his life that he felt like throwing in the towel? A respectable person he is, Nelson Mandela... the prison life really makes him suffer, yet also makes him stronger. Fortunatelly, his efforts do not go in vain. Now, people learn more about equality and fair treatment from him. He is the one who influences the mass of people, a true leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment