Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Limmericks

We were doing limmericks with Dr. Edwin in previous class. It was a fun lesson. We got to create our own version of limmericks. And, my group's limmericks sound very interesting (I think). I felt that a lesson to let students create their own poems and limmericks is an interesting idea, although it only fits to students who are in certain level of proficiency. Hopefully I can introduce this to my students. Literature is not solely reading and intepreting but beyond that. Students can enjoy reading literature and create their own as well. This is good to make them realize that creating a good piece of literary work is very difficult and takes a lot of creativity and brain work. Thus, they will cherish others' writings and find meaning from what they have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment